Computer Scientist, Chemist, Physicist, Mathematician as Principal Scientist - Computational Chemistry
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a member of interdisciplinary teams you design biologically active compounds and prioritize target compounds.
- Additionally, you support research projects with state-of-the-art computational chemistry methods.
- You enhance our method portfolio with newly emerging CompChem methods e.g. from the field of artificial intelligence and/or new chemoinformatic practices.
- You interact closely with colleagues from Medicinal Chemistry, Structural Research, Screening and Profiling, Screening Logistics as well as Pharmacology and Computational Biology.
- PhD in computer science, chemistry, physics, mathematics or related discipline
- Background in small molecule drug discovery and familiarity with pharmacological and medicinal chemistry concepts
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience with computational chemistry methods, preferably with a focus on chemoinformatics / machine learning
- Sound knowledge and practical experience with standard computational chemistry software packages in the context of small molecule drug discovery
- Good programming skills, preferably python; familiarity with Unix/Linux and HPC environments
Job offer | eingetragen am: 17.09.2018