Junior Research Group Leader (f/m/d) Interchange Forum for Reflecting on Intelligent Systems (IRIS)
Ab dem nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt
Dauer des Arbeitsverhältnisses: 4 Jahre
The University of Stuttgart is one of Germany’s leading technically oriented universities with global significance. It promotes the transfer of knowledge and technologies to society in all their profile and competence areas as well as in emerging fields. Its new Interchange Forum for Reflecting on Intelligent Systems (IRIS) aims to start a process of critical reflection on the foundations, mechanisms, implications, and effects of intelligent systems in research, teaching, and society as a whole.
IRIS is inviting an excellent and experienced early career researcher to apply for a 4-year Junior Research Group Leader position to complement and expand our research activities. The focus of the new Junior Research Group will be on reflecting on societal impacts of intelligent systems in the broadest sense. Research can be on one of the following topics, however, it should not be limited to simply making intelligent systems more “acceptable” in society.
- Ethical and societal challenges of intelligent systems
- Risks and benefits of automated decision-making in various fields of application
- Participative/Constructive technology assessment (p/cTA)
- Scenarios analysing contexts and preconditions of the implementation of intelligent systems in society
- Prerequisites for a socially desirable use of learning systems and autonomous decision support or decision-making
- Responsible forms of Human-Computer-Interactions
- Socioecological impacts of digitization
- Limits and critical aspects of datafication, artificial intelligence, learning systems, and smartification
- Data economy, assetization, and business models
We invite applications from all fields, but we expect a strong competence in bringing societal perspectives into the interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary reflection on intelligent systems. The University of Stuttgart particularly encourages women as well as others whose background and experience enrich the culture of the university to apply.
#scientificaladies #karriere #newjob
Bewerbungsfrist: 30.06.2021 | Link zur offiziellen Stellenausschreibung | eingetragen am: 04.06.2021